Stoke City Stories on Facebook

Follow Stoke City Stories on Twitter

Saturday 2 July 2011

Shawcross Staying At Stoke

Ryan Shawcross has no plans to turn his back on Stoke and take on a new challenge elsewhere.

The Potters centre-half has emerged as one of the Premier League's stand-out defenders, with his consistency over recent years earning him England recognition.
He is yet to be capped at senior level by his country, but at 23 years of age he still has time on his side.
Still regarded as one for the future despite his considerable experience, Liverpool and Tottenham are reported to be keen on adding him to their ranks.
Stoke, though, have made it clear that they have no intention of allowing their skipper to leave.

Happy

Shawcross is happy to toe that line and insists he is reading nothing into the speculation regarding his future at the Britannia Stadium.
"I suppose if you are linked with clubs it shows you are doing well," he told the Sentinel.
"But I am a Stoke player, I have signed a contract here and I am happy here.
"The chairman has said that the club aren't going to sell me. I don't want to leave and I am looking forward to the new season.
"Any young player in the Premier League is going to have speculation written about him, but it doesn't bother me."

No comments:

Post a Comment