Stoke City Stories on Facebook

Follow Stoke City Stories on Twitter

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Palacios- 'Let me play vs. Liverpool!'


WILSON PALACIOS is refusing to rule out a potential Stoke City debut against Liverpool this coming Saturday. . . despite not yet undertaking a full training session with his new team-mates.

The deadline day capture from Tottenham Hotspur has spent his first three days at the Club's Clayton Wood base building up his fitness in the gymnasium following an operation on his knee in the summer.

But despite that, the Honduras star is anticipating joining the rest of the side on the training field later this week and will be looking to do as much as he can to show boss Tony Pulis that he is ready to be selected.

"I want to play desperately. I haven't trained with the lads yet but hopefully in a day or two I will be ready to train fully and show the manager that I am ready," he exclusively told Stoke City Player.

"Hopefully, if I can come through the sessions later this week then I may get the chance to play on Saturday. That would be fantastic."

The midfield maestro, who played a pivotal role in the Spurs side that reached the last eight of last season's Champions League, insists his move to Stoke isn't at all seen as a backwards step.

"I am very happy to be here at Stoke City Football Club and I hope for the future that everything goes well for me personally and obviously for the Club.

"I don't think this is a step down for me at all. I want to play football and I have come here to play football and be good for Stoke City."

He added: "I am very happy that Tony Pulis wanted me here, and now I am here I need to show my appreciation to him with good performances on the field. I will do everything I can to repay his confidence.

"I am a player that always wants to win. I don't care whether it is against a big team or a small team. When I go on the field I just want to win games. That's all I want to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment