Stoke City Stories on Facebook

Follow Stoke City Stories on Twitter

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Bendtner To The Brit



Rumoured Stoke City target Nicklas Bendtner has confirmed that he will leave Arsenal before the transfer window closes.

The 23-year-old has been tipped to be moving away from the Emirates and now the player himself says that he will not be starting the new season with Arsene Wenger’s men.

Bendtner missed the majority of last season through injury, but a fall out with Wenger has seen him slip right down the pecking order.

When asked if he was leaving Arsenal, he told Sky Sports: "Yes. I have done my part as well as I can and it's up to Arsenal now to sort it out, I can't do anything more.

"Hopefully it will be sorted soon but as I said to the Danish press, when I know something they will.

"I would like to play at a place where you are happy and play every week, that is the most important thing for any football player and hopefully that will happen soon."

And is Stoke City the team he is likely to end up at?

Bendtner added: "I can't say anything about who I have been speaking to, but hopefully it will get sorted soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment