Stoke City Stories on Facebook

Follow Stoke City Stories on Twitter

Friday 12 August 2011

Geordie's join Bendtner chase


Newcastle are ready to rival Stoke for Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner after being rebuffed by another target.
Chief scout Graham Carr watched Bayer Leverkusen's Eren Derdiyok on Wednesday but the Swiss international said he had no intention of leaving Leverkusen who are in the Champions League.

'I did not realise they were watching me, but it does not make any difference to how I feel about my future,' he said. 'I have a contract with Leverkusen until 2013, and I am extremely happy with that.
'I have no thoughts about leaving, because I have managed to force my way into the team at Leverkusen, and we now have a Champions' League campaign to look forward to. I do not want to miss out on that after helping us to qualify.'
Stoke have offered around £8m for Bendtner after growing frustrated in their pursuit of Tottenham's Peter Crouch.
Meanwhile, Newcastle's Peter Lovenkrands is heading for a return to Rangers after holding talks. Newcastle striker Xisco has also returned to Deportivo La Coruna for a third spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment